You Aren’t Boring I Just Suck At Conversations I’m Sorry: a novel by me
I’m Not Ignoring You I Just Don’t Know What To Say: a sequel by me
I Feel Like I have Nothing Interesting To Say So I Don’t Say Anything At All And I’m Really Sorry Don’t Stop Talking To Me: the trilogy.
- fandom please I implore you all to talk about Dean Thomas more
- literally yelling for a red card during a Quidditch match
- painting a potter for president banner for his friend HOW CUTE
- offering to forge a signature so that same friend could go to the village with the rest of them
- actually he paints banners supporting Harry on two separate occasions four years apart
- is it weirder that he keeps doing that or that Harry keeps getting himself into situations where he requires banners
- good with a quill be still my beating heart the boy is an artist
- literally not giving a single fuck that their teacher was a “dangerous half-breed” because he respected the hell out of him as a person and educator
- IF YOU MEAN PROFESSOR LUPIN, HE WAS THE BEST WE EVER -
- and he grew up as a muggle so he had already been exposed to werewolf folklore and he had every excuse to be afraid or prejudiced and instead decided to judge him on a human level, even without the familiarity the trio etc. had to him
- standing up for that same teacher time and time again
- including to a ministry official who he just generally gave the sass to anyway
- never losing his faith in Harry even when his very best friend in the whole world and approximately 89% of the wizarding community basically thought the bloke was a nutjob
- convincing his best mate to join DA
there was a fair bit of an anti-dean sentiment in HBP best to ignore that then
- never having any animosity towards his friend for getting together with his ex-girlfriend so soon
- completely supporting and defending Harry while on the run because OBVIOUSLY why stop now after seven years of doing literally that at every single opportunity
- being completely bemused by but always kind towards Luna
- helping to dig the grave on the beach
- running out into the final battle without a fucking wand
- evidently winning one at some point
- everything to do with him and Seamus however you want to view their relationship but frankly I could do a whole other post on that
also I met Alfie once and he was so pretty
- dEAN THOMAS
I walk into a room, and for this industry, I’m impossibly tall. When they find it hard to pair you up with the opposite sex, then what’s left for a woman? Either you’re the ball-buster or the not-so-attractive girlfriend standing by the lead. I mean, traditionally not so attractive. Because you have your starlets and then you have their best friends who are these character actresses. When you fall within the cracks, you thank God for sci-fi, because they’ll give you a gun, and they’ll say, ‘Go over there and conquer that world. You kick some ass, girl!’
People of Earth! THE MECHANISMS present their third studio album, HIGH NOON OVER CAMELOT. Gunslingers, lawmen and hellfire preachers draw iron on the burning metal deserts of Fort Galfridian. Sheriff Arthur and the Pendgragon Gang chase down the mad vision of Father Galahad, while Mordred and Gawain face off, surrounded by the ghoulish Saxons. Thanks to a magical sound engineer and some amazing supporters, HIGH NOON OVER CAMELOT is now live for your listening pleasure — stream, buy and pre-order CDs from HERE: http://themechanisms.bandcamp.com/album/high-noon-over-camelot
We hope you enjoy our tale of hope and despair — as the sun grows ever hotter…
Children. They were teaching children.
Rowena, Godric, Salazar; they tended to forget that. They saw young minds, young acolytes - eyes that would look up to them. Not innocence. Not childish wonder.
Toughen them, said Godric.
Make them smart, said Rowena.
And ambitious, above all, said Salazar.
But war and the real world; that was not where children belonged. Aye, they would belong one day, but it was not their part to turn them cruel, make them hard, make their eyes dart sideways always looking for ways to twist the world to further their own ends. They were to protect them. Shield them from the worst so that some good, some kindness would find its way into an ever darkening world. To give them weapons and teach them how to use them, but never tell them that those weapons were their only hope.
She’d seen in all the battles she’d rode out to just how dark the world could be. Was it not their duty to bring light into this world? To fight darkness with light; not with more darkness - with divisiveness and strife and hatred?
I will take them all, she said.
I will protect the ones you will not. I will save them. I will give them a home. They will be the last rays of all that is good in this world. I will teach them kindness. I will teach them loyalty. I will teach them selflessness.
I will teach them how to be the backbone, the heart of this world. I will teach them how to stand steadfast, when all hope is lost.
I will teach them how to be human, to be more than just one single word.
No, she knew, theirs would not be an easy path, or a glorious one. They would have no songs. No great tales in books. No laurels. No consolation, no thanks.
But they would be the reason why, when the darkness finally came, all of them in all their different colours would stand shoulder to shoulder and draw their wands as brothers in arms.
Not for achievements. Not for trophies. Not for power.
For goodness. For hope.
And when the time came for them to choose the words that would forever guide the children that would come to them, Helga smiled and engraved, upon a bronze plaque, these words:
Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus.
(But her students remembered a very different set of words. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.)
(Helga Hufflepuff requested by boney-eyes-jefferson)
#and this my friends is why no one is quite sure what a hufflepuff really is#the answer is: everyone #they come in a million different shapes and sizes#they could be braver than gryffindors #and more cunning and more ambitious than slytherins #even smarter than ravenclaws #but they all come to hufflepuff #and there learn to be loyal and fair and goodhearted #and that quite possibly #is why hufflepuff has hardly any dark witches and wizards #because they have learnt how to be the very last line of defence #before chaos takes over the world #and thisTHIS is the sleeping dragon you do not tickle #because if they can’t protect the earth you can be damned well sure they’ll avenge it #look i gave myself hufflepuff feels
For anyone who really wants to know, general consensus seems to be that it would hurt an awful lot, but at least it would be over fast.
No-one is sure whether or not that would be a better deal.
Sounds about right. :D
I’m intrigued by these groups of people, though…
There is a trend in editing these days which is much less fun than it sounds: the removal of what are known as Disembodied Body Parts.The idea is that it’s poor style to use the following construct…